Monday, August 20, 2007

m o o n c a k e s


Made mooncakes with my aunt last Tuesday.. That's the 'innards' of a traditional mooncake! haha.. You won't believe how oily all the ingredients of a mooncake are!! I was actually a little put off by the amount of oil oozing about, don't think I'd have been able to imagine eating one right after making it.. =P

Anyway, we had to leave it at her place to stand (upside-down) for 3 days before consumption.. Was back there on Sat for an extended family dinner and finally got to taste our creation.. Woah!! It's totally hotel-standard! Or even better, according to my uncle haha... (Silly me forgot to take a photo of it before eating on Sat =P )


Other than the traditional kind, we made cheese mooncakes.. The crust's a light pastry with parmesan mixed in.. We had light lotus paste and green-tea flavoured paste for the insides this time... Looks like play-dough eh? ;) We didn't have to stand these before eating, so brought home 2 for my family... Really nice too!! So happy haha... =)

No comments: