Sunday, February 15, 2009

c u r r y f a v o u r

Ivan intro-ed me to Curry Favour that day (haha yes yes, my ubiquitous 'that day'). Somewhere around City Hall area.. Never knew it was linked to MoonRiver (though never been to either, despite having passed by both a couple of times).. Basically it's known for its Japanese curry. A typical dish has the usual sticky Jap rice and a tiny side of pickled ginger, and deep fried something, which in our case was fish and chicken (if my memory didn't fail me oops). Then it's served with this lovely amount of jap curry that comes in some contraption that looks almost like a genie lamp (yes, pardon me for my lack of vocab). Initially seemed like quite alot of curry, but cos it's not spicy yet rather tasty, don't be surprised that you'll be wondering where it all went before you notice it.. ;)

We had some crispy soft shell crab too.. Came with a wasabi mayo dip, remember having been served a similar at Cafe Cartel for theirs too.. Think it was a fair bit of crab mmm... Always had a soft spot for soft shell crab anyway hee.. Generally quite a nice dining experience I guess, with nice couches further in to lounge around too.. =)

No comments: