Wednesday, January 23, 2008

o r g e l m u s i k

Orgelmusik sonnabends.. Met a new friend, C, whom I've just got to know in Leipzig, for free pipe organ music at Nikolaikirche on Saturday! Himmlisch!! It was quite a full-fledged concert, with 3 pieces, 1 by J.S. Bach (who else? It's leipzig haha...), and lasted for about an hour.. Seems like they have this every week, yet there was quite a number of people there.. And not only was the music and acoustics great, it was in an old church!! oh man oh man.. Haha I should spare you my gushing... =P

That's the pipe organ and the elaborate ceiling and pillar... Quite cool... Not as elaborate as some I've seen during my last trip to Germany though..
That's at 100 Wasser.. Direct translation: hundred water... It's the name of this artist whose work is all colourful and nothing's uniform.. Like the table, some funny shape... Portions are gigantic, couldn't finish my mushrooms, rosti (like hashbrowns haha) and salad dish... Had a Radler with it.. Paid 7 euros in all! For a theme restaurant/kneipe in city centre somemore.. Love the prices in East Germany haha..

No comments: