Monday, January 07, 2008

v i s a

ARggghhhhhh!!!!! i can't believe my luck... I had thought that it was bad enough that most people were getting their visas only on the day they fly. But mine's waaaayy worse...

Was supposed to fly on Sunday but the german embassy in Singapore said they still could not contact the authorities in Leipzig who're supposed to approve my Visa before they can issue it on the Singapore side. And I have to collect it personally in Singapore, so no use flying there 1st either. So I had to change my flight to Friday, thankfully it's free to change flight dates before departure for Qantas =) Phew phew...

However, my train ticket was bought at an offer price, so it's non-refundable nor can I change the date of travel. Can't believe that I was initially praying so hard that they will not strike (strikes for this week by the german rail was impending) so I will not be stranded at the train station, but now I'm praying that they will strike, so I can get a refund or change of date... But just got news from a friend's friend in Leipzig that they're not striking this week after all... Sigh.. So seems like I'll have to forfeit my ticket.. argh.. there goes 80 plus Singapore Dollars... Now I'm wondering whether I should buy my ticket only when I reach, but it could be twice as expensive and run the risk of tickets being sold out.. Heard from a friend that it might be cheaper to buy them last minute, though he's not sure whether it's for the german rail too.

Almost broke down in tears on Friday when I learnt about my Visa stuff... Learnt my lesson that gotta bug and bug them earlier in future.. If there's ever 'in future'... At least my boss is ok with me starting my internship a few days later... Keep feeling this tension in my chest.. Gotta try to let go and look on the bright side that I can spend a bit more time in Singapore with my loved ones and friends..

No comments: