Tuesday, February 05, 2008

f o o d

Think I've almost perfected my cabonara pasta!! ;) Thanks to Quanhui for his recipe. Tried it a few times and I'm getting the timings and proportions right, I think... =P Sausages, mushrooms and ham.. Added cheese to his recipe too.. Next step will be to try to add in egg, not too early (makes the gravy lumpy) nor too late (tastes raw). No worries, lots of chances to try cooking it haha..

Alphabet soup! Didn't realise how much I miss having it till I ate it that day.. Nah I didn't cook it, just used the Knorr's instant kind haha.. Sometimes just too tired or lazy to cook something proper, yet feel like having something hot.. I'm still amazed at their Abendbröt (aka 'evening bread'), which is their version of a cold dinner. They can have sandwiches of ham and cheese for breakfast, lunch and now, even dinner! Now I feel like a fussy eater haha..


Went to the Altes Rathaus yesterday, cos the website says that there's free admission and even a guided tour by the Director of the Museum on the 1st Tuesday of every month. Reached there and read on a notice board that it's Wednesdays after all. So pissed... Like the Thomanenchor, why don't they just update their websites? There were these temporary stalls set up outside the Altes Rathaus, selling breads, meats, vegetables (the veges look cheaper than in supermarkets at least, not sure about the rest) and beautiful flowers! 2 euros for 10 tulips! Oh man oh man... Was itching to get some, but realised that one of my apartment mates has already bought tulips for the kitchen. My mum's so going to gush about the flowers haha.. Really hope my parents come to Europe with my sis after their trip back to Singapore... ;)

Passed by this Ice Cream Parlour that also sells ice cream on the outside, 1 scoop for only 70 cents! Couldn't resist the temptation, as you can see haha.. Tiramisu.. Yes, despite it being almost 0 degrees celsius with winds.. =P

No comments: