Sunday, February 03, 2008

w e e k e n d 3

Fridays with Morrison.. Haha no lah, more like just 1 friday at Morrison's.. Irish pub.. It may be a pub but it's nothing like most back home, it's well-lit, rather spacious and cozy, not in the least bit sleazy..
Wonderful wonderful apple cider!! Brings back memories of our 1st Apfelwein (apple wine) at Frankfurt am Main 2 years ago.. Oh man oh man...

I looooooove booth seats! Muahaha... That's Raymond and I with our emptied glasses haha... And my camera did some amazing trick at hiding his beer belly haha... =P Ok don't poison me at our CNY dinner.. Chatted for about 3h haha..
Yup back at Thomaskirche for the Saturday Motete.. Thought the Thomas Boys' Choir will be singing as usual, but they just started their holidays! Argh... Just went in still anyway, mostly organ and string ensemble and 2 basses. Was really not bad actually, other than the last piece 'Ich habe genung' that was a bit long.. Good music is like almost common fare here.. Even the buskers along the street are not bad haha..
Conni and Alex! My apartment mates who came for the Motete with me.. ;)

We went shopping after that.. Alex made new specs and I got boots and Reebok sport shoes! So glad Conni brought me to Deichmann's.. They're having sale, so the shoes are already on discount, and the second pair is half-priced somemore! So both cost a total of 40 euros only! Super light sleek black sport shoes! To replace my current pair which has holes haha..

Booootiful boots! Thick soles so the cold doesn't get to your feet unlike my current ones (which has lost their soles for the heels too).. And best of all, it's actually leather! With some fennel (I think) lining inside.. Have always been dreaming of wearing high boots, it's finally come true! haha...
Cooked hungarian Goulash with Kloese with Conni for dinner at home, then Angeska invited me to go for a Salsa party at a club. It starts around midnight, so we trudged through the cold cos the trams aren't frequent by then. So glad I brought my dancing shoes here! Actually danced quite a lot.. Though the dancers aren't as pro as the ones I've seen at Union Square.. =P But it was really fun nontheless! Only left at about 3.30am when nobody was dancing already.. Walked all the way home, luckily not that far, and had company to chat with anyway.. ;)
Fasching! I was quite pissed with myself that I had forgotten all about the carnival before Rosenmontag over at the Rhinelands (ie Koeln, Duesseldorf etc), wanted to go there for the weekend actually, but lost track of the dates.. Then was about to settle down to a quiet Sunday (Carsten invited me to cycle or have a car ride around, to the Battle of the Nations monument etc, nice weather and all, but won't have much time cos gotta go on skype in the afternoon). When Conni asked me whether I wanna join them for the Fasching carnival in the city centre! Didn't know they have it here too haha.. Mostly by the uni students here, like Rag day all over again! Floats, painted faces, costumes, even the spectators!
Like this little kid in a chick costume! All ready for easter haha... Cute right?


And they actually overturn their umbrellas to collect the sweets, apples etc stuff they throw out from the floats! Lots of confetti on the ground and on people too haha.. Alex was warning that I should beware of the oncoming sweets, then he was complaining why we didn't get the free beer they were giving out on some floats cos we were standing further away from the floats haha..

Another perfect weekend! =) And my 3rd one already! So fast, can't believe it sometimes..

No comments: